We haven't started packing yet but I'm in the cleaning out everything phase. It's both frustrating and refreshing. Frustrating b/c we have SO much junk! Where did all this stuff come from? Then, what do you do with it? Would someone else want it? Should we try to sell it? Or is it just trash? How 'bout a garage sale? I don't know.
But when I do actually get something done and see the end result, I'm so happy with it. It looks great. Why didn't I do that before and why did I let it get in such a mess to start with? I tell myself that I won't do this in my next house! I guess we'll see....
I've learned something valuable. I like the idea of tackling a whole room at a time. However, that is setting myself up for failure. I started with the school room b/c it's a big room with a lot of stuff to clean out. What happened was that I just pulled stuff out and made a big mess. Then I was stuck in the decision making process and found myself paralyzed with not knowing what to do next. Of course I was called away to something else then forgot all about what I was working on before. The next time I walked into the school room....there it was, a huge mess still waiting for me!!
No more of that. Now I just work on a little section or corner at one time. One shelf, one small closet, one cabinet, etc. Slowly it's getting done. Slowly I'm seeing results. I love the little area of orderliness that it is. Now the trick is to keep it that way!! (Haven't figured that one out yet.) Little by little I'm hoping it'll add up to a cleaned out, easy to pack up house.
No comments:
Post a Comment