Wednesday, February 07, 2007

2 bread machine recipes

These are good....

Cinnamon Raisin Bread
1 1/4 C water
2 T butter
2 1/4 C. wheat flour
1 C. bread flour (you can use all wheat too)
1/4 C. honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 C raisins
2 1/4 tsp quick yeast

Put all in bread machine in the order given. Most have an add-in cycle for the raisins but I've found that you can put them in at the same time and it works just fine. Make a well in the center for the yeast. Hit the dough cycle.

I shape this into a loaf, cover it with a towel, and put it in the fridge to rise over night. In the morning, bake at 350 until done...usually about 30 minutes. Our favorite thing to do with this bread is to slice it, toast it, and drizzle it with honey for breakfast.

Another variation is to roll out the dough into a rectangle. Add butter, brown sugar (or sucanat) and nuts. Roll up the whole thing and put in the loaf pan. Bake it and serve it the same way. That's my real favorite when I have the time to do it.

Here's another

Herb Cheese Bread
1 1/4 C. milk
1/3 C. Parmesan cheese
1/3 C. grated cheddar
3 C. flour (whatever kind you like)
1 T. sugar or honey
1 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp. dill weed (I always add extra b/c I love dill!)
1/2 tsp. basil and rosemary
1 T. quick yeast

Place all in bread machine in the order given. Make a well in the middle for the yeast. Bake however you like best. I'm still playing with my programming cycle so I usually hit the dough cycle, let rise in the bread machine, rise again in the loaf pan, and bake it in the oven. Someday I'll figure out this program business. This is a yummy dinner bread.

God bless you!

1 comment:

His said...

Oh, I just love recipes! I can't wait to try these!
Susie