I just have to tell somebody about this. I MADE BUTTER!! That's right. From a real cow! I feel so accomplished.
I bought a gallon of fresh milk to play with. I was a little concerned about the unpasteurized thing, but I think I'm over that now. She told me how to make butter and I had to try it. It didn't go exactly as she said but it was still so easy.
I skimmed the cream, put it in the food processor, and turned it on. TA DA! BUTTER! Why didn't Laura Ingalls think of that? It's a lot easier than that churn and dasher business. Ha ha!
It's very creamy and white and pretty. I took it throughout the house to show off to somebody and (can you believe it?) everybody is still asleep!! I can't wait until they wake up. I'm going to have Honey take a picture of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment