Thursday, February 01, 2007

SNOW!

What fun! My kids have been out all morning. Even 2yo stayed out until lunch time. They went sledding, made a very friendly looking snow man, and had snow ball fights. I'm so glad for them. I love to watch them play and be kids. I hope these are good snow memories.

I took pictures. Yikes. Every time I do this, I get a lesson with Honey later about how to do it better next time. Whatever happened to point and shoot?

We were all hoping he'd stay home today and not have to go to work. Nope. I tried not to say too much b/c I knew he didn't want to go either. Our 10yo son was not so sensitive. He REALLY wanted Dad to stay home and play and didn't mind saying so. Well Honey turned it into a good lesson for him about sometimes having to do what we don't want to do b/c it is our responsibility.

Baby girl has had a good day playing with Mom all by herself and watching her brothers and sisters out the window. We made chili, bread in the bread machine, and lots of hot chocolate.

Here's a simple chili recipe....

3# hamburger
4 cloves garlic crushed
1 onion chopped
2 cans of beans plus 1 can of water
1 (28oz) can of crushed tomatoes
2T chili powder
2T cumin
1T salt/pepper

Brown hamburger, garlic, and onion. Add everything else and simmer on low until ready to serve.

This is a take from a RR recipe. Easy, healthy, and pretty good.

No comments: