Honey had to go into work at 6am Saturday. On his way to the car he noticed that our next door neighbors were having a big garage sale and were already set up. He ran back into the house and rallied everyone out of bed to get busy and put our junk out too.
Now even though I decided against the g-sale (I hadn't told Honey that yet), it now sounded like a pretty good idea since the neighbors already put out signs and the ad in the paper. At this point, our stuff wasn't even tagged. The girls came upstairs wondering how in the world this was going to happen. We got busy fast. We didn't have tables, so we started carting out the coffee tables, piano bench, ironing board, etc to use for tables. It worked.
It turned out to be a fun time. My kids had a great time at the neighbor's sale looking through all their junk. CT bought me a pretty glass bell for $1 as a surprise plus a cute frame for Baby's picture. MTT bought herself 3 new shirts. Even today they were still telling me of all the neat things she had that I hadn't noticed. Other people's stuff is always more exciting than your own.
We put it up about 12:30 with a grand total of $70. It's not much, but considering all we had was junk, I guess it's ok. The kids even made a $1 tip carrying stuff to someone's car. They were glad to add it to the pile and to know that their dollar was the one to take us over the edge to the $70.
Later that day, my son said "That was just about the funnest thing I've ever done!"
No comments:
Post a Comment