Saturday, September 23, 2006

Honey got the WASA business and the first day to shoot team pictures was today. We got everything ready last night and loaded into the car. We made plans with the kids and were all ready at 6:30 am. As we were getting into the car....BOOM! Thunder, lightning, huge storm! Well, there went that. Now we must use the make-up day that we scheduled....the Saturday that we were hoping to go away somewhere together. Rats. #5's game was cancelled as well as every other game scheduled for today. I guess the good news is that CT's game was already rescheduled to tomorrow b/c of the Hog game so his soccer game wasn't cancelled. He plays in Sugar Creek tomorrow.

It rained tons. Our downstairs started leaking...again. We've battled this leak for about a year now. We've had 5 diffent guys come out to look at it and no one knows what it is. It seemed to stop for awhile, we thought. But now it seems that it was probably leaking in a place we didn't notice. So the carpet was wet and Honey pulled out a drawer under the computer area. Water was standing underneath there! There doesn't seem to be water coming from above as the walls are not wet nor show any water damage. So we've already had a plumber, 2 contractors, 2 irrigation guys, and the builder of the house come look at it. No one has any idea at all...except that they are all in agreement that it is not coming from above. Now it will be a foundation man. I hope to get to the bottom of this mystery, but I'm afraid of what it will cost and the work it will mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I didn't know about that leak! I thought it was done leaking. Man.
LOL