We are still dog-sitting Willow. The kids went out to play in the backyard and discovered that the gate was open and the dogs were gone! Now Joey is such a good boy that he will stay in the yard even with the gate open. Willow is an explorer and saw her chance. Joey followed.
The big kids rode their bikes around the block looking for him. A friend of ours stopped by and he looked too. No Joey. I got in the car and drove all around but still no Joey. I started praying for him. He is not street smart and he is such a handsome guy than anyone would want him as their own.
I called the Humane Society and after describing them in detail she said I just needed to come in and look. This was a big disappointment. I don't exactly live close to the HS and I had a soccer game to be at in less than an hour. I called Honey from the car. He was at the soccer fields taking pictures of other teams. He offered to come home but there was really no point. There was nothing else to do. I was so frustrated driving to the HS. I was mad at Willow for leaving, mad at Joey for following, and mad at the HS lady for not being more helpful.
When I arrived at the Humane Society I walked through the whole kennel of sad looking dogs and adorable puppies. There were 11 other dogs that I wanted to bring home, but no Joey. At this I was just ready to cry. I think the lady could tell b/c she was being extra nice to me calling me "hon" and all. She gave me lost reports to fill out. I left them with her and headed to the game.
After the game, and dinner out of the way, Honey took the little boys to drive around and search some more. The girls and I prayed for them to bring Joe home. In a few minutes the phone rang. It was the HS lady saying an officer just brought in both dogs! YIPPEE!! She said that they were closed but that they would wait for us in the back. If we came right away they would waive all fees.
Joey was so tired when he got home. He crashed in the laundry room and didn't move. He wouldn't even raise his head when we talked to him. He finally got up at 2:30 this morning to go outside. Poor guy. This morning he is back to his same old self and was wrestling with 2yo in the family room. It's nice to have him back!
No comments:
Post a Comment