We're having another baby! Yep, Baby #9 will be here in April, Lord willing. We're 12 weeks along and I'm finally starting to feel better. I still can't take my vitamins yet, even at night, but I'm hoping that'll change soon too.
I ran into a lady at Sams today and struck up a fun conversation. She had this tiny 5 week old baby boy. My babies are not tiny anymore by the time they are 5 weeks old but this one had had the stomach virus and was still only 8 pounds. Anyway, she said she found a great help, not a cure, but a help for morning sickness. She kept peanut butter by the bed and ate a heaping tablespoon of it before she got up. She said it stabilized her sugars and actually worked. I don't need to do that now, but I will try it next time. If anyone reading this tries it, comment me and let me know if it worked. I've actually been sicker in the evenings so I don't even know if that would apply to me.
Most of us are hoping for a girl so Baby Girl will have a playmate. CT wants a boy b/c he wants an official sized family soccer team. We're thinking of the names Lindsey or Elijah.
I've gained 2 pounds so far and can not wear my favorite pants. I guess I'll have to find a new favorite.
I have a new doctor. This was really stepping out for me b/c I've been with the same one for so long and he has delivered most of my babies. It was time for a change though and I really like my new one. Since I'm so old (37) he actually does fewer tests instead of more! What a refreshing change.
Since I hate being pregnant, I've found ways to pamper myself only when I'm pregnant. That gives me things to look forward to. This is what I've come up with so far....
Buying whatever juice I want in the grocery store, even if it's not 100% juice. I love Welch's Passion Fruit. Juice is our (after the kids go to bed) snack.
Real popsicles...not juice ones. I like Blue Bell Bullets. I wish they would sell only green ones.
Sonic ice.
Herbal tea baths. My sweet friend made this for me after Baby Girl was born and , oh it was so nice. I'm going to ask her for the recipe and keep it made up in the refrigerator.
Before Baby Girl was born I bought 2 new books at the Christian book store and saved them to read in the hospital. I didn't even take them out of the sack. It was fun to finally get to break them out. I'll do that again.
That's it, but I'm trying to think of more. Any ideas?
3 comments:
Sandy,
Congratulations on #9!! I will pass along a hint for morning sickness that I heard from my baby sister. She was so sick with her current pregnancy that she spent 5 1/2 months on Zofran (anti-nausea med given to chemo patients) so she did a lot of reading about nausea. She passed along this hint to me when I was struggling with nausea after my first chemo. Put lemon oil (I used lemon extract cause that's what I had handy) on a cotton ball and smell it to help pass the nausea. I did this during my next two chemo treatments and it seemed to help out. just a thought of something you might could try. Congratulations again and we will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby for you guys!
Jody
Well, now that announcement is official, "Congratulations!!" I've known for some time now, but didn't want to say anything until you did! Hope this is an uneventful, peaceful pregnancy and can't wait to see beautiful Tagg #9.
Love,
Michele
FRIEND WILL MAKE THE HERBAL TEABAGS FOR YOU WHEN THE TIME COMES LORD WILLING.
Post a Comment