Thursday, January 21, 2016

When Bentley Visits

We've been a little busy lately.



On Friday I got to pick up our boy and Bentley stayed with us FIVE glorious days! 



And there was a sigh of contentment throughout the house because Bentley was home and it was all as it should be.



You guys.  He is perfect.  We love him so much.



So we had a 7 month old, a one year old, and a 2 year old.  All hands on deck and it all went very smoothly.  Well....church was a little rough but that's to be expected and I should've stayed home.



But then it was time to take him home.  I had to take some time to think and pray.    I'm so very grateful for the five days...and the 5 months before that.  Thankful for the sleepless nights and midnight feedings. Thankful for all the spit up and laundry and poopy diapers.  Thankful for slobbers and tears and smiles and giggles.  EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT ALL.   But it is so hard to let go.  And I had to make a firm decision to trust God and remember that God loves him more than I do.

My mind kept going back to his new jammies.  When we picked him up he was wearing a tank top that was way too small and was barefooted.  No clothes packed...just a bag of baby food.  He went home with medicine that he needed and lots of new clothes.  New clothes that God provided for the one He loves.  I just got to be a part of it.  And God kept telling me "Tonight he sleeps in warm jammies".

I still cry as I run across random little things he left behind......a half empty baby food in the fridge, a onesie in the dirty clothes, his favorite blankie I keep here for him.

But tonight he sleeps in warm jammies.  And it's enough for now.



Until next time. 

No comments: