Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Our New Laundry Sorter Thing


This happens every day.  Laundry piles up sooo fast around here.  I do laundry every day except Sunday.  

Several weeks ago I started a new system that's working so much better than before.  Since my kids are old enough to do their own laundry, we have 2 days a week of girls' laundry, 2 days of boys' laundry, and 2 days of mom/dad/baby laundry.  When it's your day you have to do all your laundry plus any laundry that is already in the laundry room, fold, iron, put away, and clean up the laundry room.  The iron and clean up the laundry room part hasn't happened consistently...but baby steps.  

There have also been weeks when we've gotten behind for whatever reason and we just do an everybody laundry day.  But for the most part, we stick with the plan.  It's also encouraged my boys to re-use their bath towels since they will be the ones washing and folding.  



I've had my eye on this at Walmart since before the holidays.  Our laundry room is always a wreck and the only organizational tool we have is the standard laundry basket.  The space we have is long and skinny and I didn't even know if it would fit.  I thought about measuring but in my real world that would never really happen.  It was a risk but I decided to splurge and LOOK how perfect it is! 



It is the best $10 I've spent all year.  






No comments: