Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Her First Sewing Project!

One of Mallory's favorite Christmas presents was a real sewing machine from Grandma and PawPaw.
It's so fancy looking and even has a carrying case.  

Grandma makes beautiful custom quilts for a living and her other grandma was also a professional seamstress.  So it runs in the family, except it apparently skipped a generation.
Anytime I've ever made anything, the machine breaks.  And I mess up the project.  And I have to rip it out and start over.  Again.  

I've had my mom and my mother-in-law try to teach me.  I even have friends that have sat by me patiently as I was determined to make this "simple" project.  But no.  Sewing makes me say bad words.  

But lucky for Mallory, her Grandma came and gave her a lesson.  
And look!!


By the end of the day, we had a happy girl with a pretty doll quilt and a tired Grandma! 


Thank you Grandma!  


No comments: