So remember last Monday didn't count because I was sick. And my parents were here and we had to do some important visiting and eating and crafting and watching tv.
As you do.
I also spent a good part of not only Monday, but Tuesday-Friday napping, blowing my nose, and feeling sorry for myself. I didn't finish my book or send notes to my foster's moms. In fact, it was nearly impossible to get any work done because my rigorous nap schedule.
So this is the real first Monday of 2016 for me. I feel WAY better and I'm ready to get on with life.
I woke up with a big list and a determined attitude. Honey's car wouldn't start this morning so he took the van. He also took the babies' car seats. That meant I couldn't take kids to piano and writing and we had an unexpected day at home. OH HAPPY DAY!!!
Unfortunately, my kids didn't share my enthusiasm. They acted like it was the biggest surprise of their lives that they had school today. I don't even get it.
So needless to say we've had a rough start. Or rather, they've had a rough start. Because my day has actually been great. We've tackled some formidable attitude issues and learned some new rules. We've practiced some anger management by doing jumping jacks, running laps around our 2 1/2 acre property and writing extra sentences in nice handwriting. The babies have learned that life doesn't end just because Momma said its play pen time. And my teenagers figured out that chores have to be done before tinkering with the go cart.
I'd call that some fine productivity!
So my goals for this week are kinda the same as last week's....
~finish my book.
~read 2 lessons of OPE (Outdoor Power Engines)
~contact Pumba's momma because she left me a note in the diaper bag.
~check the bees
~implement some new year's ideas
~re-write and post a new schedule
~try 2 new recipes
Looking forward to a great week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment