Monday!
Do you love it or hate it?
For some of us it means not only going back to work after the weekend, but also going back to work after vacation. That's us. We've been off for 2 weeks and today was the day to start it all back up.
There've been times when I was ready because I missed and craved routine. Not this time. I'm pretty sure I could just keep this slower pace forever. It was an awesome vacation of home time, but now it's over.
I used the time to write down all sorts of ideas for school for the new year. And I was sorta excited about implementing some of them. But I've been fighting a cold for a couple of days and today it decided to show itself STRONG.
So I've felt crummy all day and barely got anything done. It doesn't help that a couple of kids are sick too and didn't we just do this anyway?? It's the first cold I've had in several years so I can't complain. Or maybe its the other way around and since I haven't been sick in so long I'm entitled to whine and feel sorry for myself even more!
Anyway.
Over the break, we celebrated Christmas and New Year and got a new foster baby! I'd say that's pretty fantastic. I've spent a lot of time with my adult kids and was reminded of just how much I like who they have grown up to be. Of course I love them....but I really like them too.
Meg and Ethan and Christian left for a post holiday cruise. I know they are going to have so much fun. And they both took oils for possible sea sickness. I knew Meg would because she's a fellow oil lover. But my son? I was super surprised because it was his idea and most of the time he feels like he probably knows better than his mom. Hmmmm.
Here's my goals for this week...
~ Knock out this cold. And if that happens, just maybe I can get some other things done.
~My parents are coming! That means I'm still kinda on vacation. Fine with me.
~Finish a book and continue with my Bible study.
~Do something fun with Mallory...she's COW.
~Write notes to my foster kids' moms to stick in the diaper bags.
~Nail down my menu for all of January.
And maybe, just maybe I'll re-watch some Downton Abbey.
No comments:
Post a Comment