I've been reading Interrupted again. It wasn't on my Christmas reading list but it just happened. God knew I needed the refresher course.
There are times when it's difficult to balance family life and ministry. Especially for my man who is working a LOT. And there is the thought of ....is the cost too high? Are we sacrificing our own on the alter of ministry? What needs to change? Have we reached the time when something has gotta give?
Today I read about broken bread and poured out wine.
"Do this in remembrance of Me." 1 Cor 11:24
The "do" is a continuous action. Not only does it require a constant response, but the "remembrance" comes from anamnesis which means "to make real".
From the book: Communion is more than a memory, more than a reverent moment when we recall Jesus' heroic sacrifice. Remembrance means honoring Jesus' mercy mission with a tangible, physical action since it was a tangible, physical sacrifice. In other words, "Constantly make this real."
Constantly make this real. Constantly be broken and poured out for humanity....for the sake of Jesus.
Constantly is ringing in my mind.
I felt so encouraged after reading this to think that we are still moving in the right direction. As Richard Blackaby recently reminded me in his book, Putting A Face On Grace, grace always costs something. Others have to be poured out for the grace that is bestowed on us. Why should we expect a sacrifice to cost nothing?
But we need to be in constant prayer to know how to include our kids. Our little kids are growing up very different from our older kids. We are in a different place in life and I can see how our older kids are a huge safeguard for our littles. I love how they love them by helping us keep them on the right track.
It was easier when it was just me and some of the older kids at Awana every week. I could pour into the precious lives of my boys without a single thought of neglecting my own. They were safe at home with Daddy and all was good. Win win. But now that everybody's on board, I constantly have the red light blaring in my head "DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!"
And while I know it's wise to be aware, I also am thinking that they are benefiting in huge ways that I didn't see before. I'm pretty sure it's the right place to be. For all of us.
1 comment:
I think you are a great mother....99.9% of people never get such devotion.
Post a Comment