And we are desperately behind. Like seriously.
But tonight we are going on a shopping date. Just me and my man. Then a choir concert after that featuring some youthy peeps. And speaking of youth, they were very good last night.
So 15 days to go and we haven't even decorated the gingerbread houses! Or watched The Grinch! Or made cookies! Or hardly anything. So this week we are ditching school and doing Christmas fun. Meg comes over tomorrow for gingerbread housing and Grinch watching and Momma cooking. Today we are making some salt dough ornaments or cookies....haven't decided.
Yesterday was a great day. After church the boys and Lane went to pick up some fencing supplies at Lowes while the girls and I went to Savers. This was a perfect combo b/c my man likes Lowes so spent a nice long time in there while the girls and I shopped. Or maybe it wasn't such a good idea since I'm $73 poorer. Shopping the thrift store on a non-sale day is highly unusual. Here's to living on the wild side!
Meanwhile my boys were picking up tools and fencing stuffs to make a dog fence that is hopefully not too obtrusive on our land. They will have access to the shed like a dog house and the whole thing will double as our chicken coop in the spring. They are over 1/2 way done and it looks perfect.
Thanks to a good friend and his tiller, we got the strawberries in their brand new plot. Seems late to plant anything to me but from everything I've read, it seems they should be ok if covered properly. My boys collected pine needles and FarmerBoy bricked off the new strawberry patch. And just in time......
It's SNOWING!!!!
1 comment:
Winter is an achy time for me and I actually dread the winter this yr, but I do love the rice bags and hot baths to soothe the aches as well. We've decorated or have a tree up. Hard to decorate when we're not home for Christmas, but our home is filled with cheery Christmas music and have been watching our favorite movies! Your shopping day sounds like one out family would love - Lowes and resale!
Post a Comment