Friday, December 14, 2012

Living Life Now

I had my first acupuncture appt this week in an attempt to get a handle on these crazy flares.  It's divided into 2 parts.  And after the first part, he told me that he would walk out and be back in 15-20 minutes.

I said, "I should've brought a book."

Then he told me that it's better not to read or play on my phone or anything else.  Just relax and rest and let the needles do their work.

Nothing to read.  No one to talk to.  Nothing to look at.  Nothing to listen to.

Just sit.  And be quiet.

Turns out I'm not too good at that.  I'm so used to having people around me.  I have my stuff to entertain me.  I have lots of books I'm in the middle of.  I have my blogging, and Facebook, and e-mail, and my phone to play with.  What in the world would I do for 20 minutes??

I tried to remember the Verse I'm trying to memorize.  I tried to pray.  But I was afraid of falling asleep especially since I had barely slept the night before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was a busy day of Christmas-y things with my kiddos.  Meg was over.  It was full and sooo much fun.

After I got the littles to bed, I settled into my usual nighttime routine.  Reading.
But I couldn't concentrate.  I couldn't remember what I had read.  My mind was full of thinking over the events of the day.  I couldn't settle down.  I wasn't sleepy.  Did I spend my time wisely?  Did I pour into my kids like I should have?  Did I do anything to reach out to others?  Did I concentrate on what was important or was I just busy?

I spent a lot of time on my computer and phone yesterday.  Yet, I would be the first to say that I never think I have enough time to do the things I want to do.  But instead of doing what I should be doing, I distract
entertain myself with what other ppl are doing.  No, I don't spend hours in front of the screen, but if I added up all the minutes I "steal" from my life with it, I know I would be surprised at how much of my life I am wasting.  No wonder I can't just sit and be still.

Something needs to change.  I don't want to be addicted to the silliness of Facebook or YouTube, or ridiculous movies.  At one point last year, I deleted my Facebook account.  But I had some lame excuse that I don't remember for getting back on.  Today I will try again.....

My life is a vapor.  My kids will be gone soon.  I have no time to waste.

"So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."  Ps 90:12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandy....I do enjoy...hearing your thoughts..Wasting you say? Oh no dear...not at all...Isn't it funny how diffrent perspectives people have? What you consider moments fleeting by is to others a blessing others could never imagine. You do more for the lord in a month than most do in a lifetime...You say it's a waste...because more could have been done...One person can do only so much...
You wonder how to spend 20 minutes sitting still...Peace and quite is in fact a gift for me...I enjoy that time enormously...That's why I drive a truck..
I've said before we are on opposite sides of the same scale in many ways...You have many friends...help people, caring compasionate and loving..have terrific kids...What more could anyone ask of life? Life isn't all about work.The lord wants you to enjoy your life too..You say I encourage people with the things I say...In many ways you encourage me by sharing your stories and you don't even know it. Eric.