Friday, November 30, 2012

Awana This Week

It's been awhile since I've posted an Awana update.   Last week we were on Thanksgiving break and since we follow the public school schedule that meant no Awana.  It was weird to not have something to do on a Wednesday.  And by Friday I was missing my Awana boys.  I can't go too long without my 4th grade boy fix!

Have I introduced you to Shannon?  He started coming at the end of last year having NEVER HEARD THE NAME OF JESUS!!!    So you can imagine that he's a little bit special to me.  He's been eager from the start and a quick study.  Super smart and one of the better behaved, he's a joy in my class.  He's also one of the best about keeping up with his book and shirt.

This week we prayed mostly about grades.  I guess with the year almost 1/2 over, kids are getting tired and ready for a break. I really can't believe we are almost at the end of this semester!

We talked about some of the harder words in the Verses and whose responsibility it is to make sure you have your shirt on Wednesday.  Most of the kids were studying the books of the Bible.

With over 90 people this week, Awana continues to be jam-packed and busy and full of fun!

No comments: