Thursday, November 15, 2012

Scavenger Hunt

I wanted to do something fun in the afternoon.  I looked on my Pinterest boards but either didn't have the supplies or the energy to dig them all out.  I really REALLY wanted a Thanksgiving craft but couldn't even pull together a cute coloring sheet.  Obviously crafting wasn't in the picture at all. 

So instead I put together a scavenger hunt.   (thank you Pinterest)

Something shiny
Something straight
Something round
Something beautiful
Something that makes you smile
2 kinds of leaves
Something orange
......etc.....

No Walmart sacks to be found, I gave them small paper bags and shooed them outside to find their treasures.   Everything must be found outside and only in our own yard.

Here's the things that make them smile....
A homemade dagger from the deck box.  Can you tell this girl has brothers?
A candy bar found in the grass obviously from our party the other night.
A green tomato from Farmer Boy's garden.  Of course that would make him smile.
Pine needles?  Because they are really green but they look blue.
A purple flower.

This was great fun with lots of unique finds, giggles, and good exercise.

I think this would be fun to do with each season changing up the things to find and maybe going to the park or nature center.

No comments: