Monday, March 21, 2011

Misc Monday

~I'm such a dork. I showed up with my kids to Easter play practice last night and it was cancelled. Only I didn't know b/c my phone was on vibrate and I didn't check messages. Funny thing is that even when I was there nobody told me. In all graciousness, M & G just had a practice like it was planned all along and I didn't even know it was cancelled until I went to bed last night.

~Working backwards here.... and when we got home from play practice there was a wonderful surprise. The M family was at our house to visit! We were "ice creamed" and it was a total unexpected surprise. Fun! Great to catch up with my friend E. and love on her foster baby for a while.

~My Colorado peep, Pam, sent me some vegan chocolate. Is that love or what? Seriously delish! We had some last night with some frozen cherries for date night.

~LB and I went to a vegan luncheon yesterday. It was ok. The food was ok. Not great though. It's actually a step beyond vegan to a raw vegan diet. Which means everything was cold. That would take some getting used to! But there was some good information and it was worth my time to go. I LOVED the gluten free crackers they made from seeds. And now I'm ready to check out the dehydrator feature on my oven. Only I'm thinking it would be pretty expensive to run the oven as long as dehydrating takes and a plug in one might be better. .....Something to look for at g-sales this spring.

~Speaking of garage sales. I saw my first g-sale signs this week. And for me, this is better than the first robin of spring.

~Spring Break!! OH YEAH! Only we're not taking one. Mean momma, I know. But everyone else is and that means so much more time for us. No piano, science, or tutoring. Just home and schooling for 3 days this week.

~Only 3 days of school b/c Honey's family is coming! Oh happy week!

~Next month Lane has her Jr/Sr formal. And wonder of wonders! We found a dress! In like an hour. At the thrift store. For $25. That was definitely a gift of God.

~It's a 3:30am day. These are not terribly unusual for me, though not bothersome either. I found myself getting irritated yesterday w/no down time and no space to think. I'm guessing that's pretty common in a house as full as mine. So I actually welcome the early hours to blog, think, and pray.


~And now I'll leave ya with this pic I found of me and my man on his phone. My bestest friend!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Fun update...good to read of all your doings. Hm-m-m, I wonder what's in vegan chocolate, probably sugar, right? I'm doing pretty good with regular old Hershey's dark sugar-free (I have a private stash).

Blessings on your week!

Love,
Wendy

robbieniccum said...

Love you bunches girl...super duper bunches!!!

Amanda said...

That picture makes me smile! Love to see YOUR beautiful smile! How cool that Pam found vegan chocolate! I would have never even thought to look for that. Love you, friend!