~Friday! You probably knew that already though, huh? I've decided to take off school every Friday from now til Christmas in order to do Christmasy type things with the kids. We have some crafts to make, some shopping and wrapping to do, a gingerbread house to decorate, and some baking to drool over. Today is shopping with Jes....and maybe someone else, and finishing the Christmas letter.
~Do you want a Christmas pic/letter? If so, e-mail me your address.
~Grocery shopping this week with Mally and ZBoy. And GASP! I locked them in the car!! In their carseats! But wait. Mally's big enough to climb right out and unlock the door. So that's what she did. Why did I have that moment of panic? I guess from having babies so long that could not climb in and out of carseats by themselves and that was always a fear of mine....especially in the summer. Even though all was well and it was NO big deal, I was shaky when she opened the door.
~My younger kids are in the Christmas play at Immanuel. We've been practicing their parts and today we'll work on the song. I hope a lot of my Awana babes are there so they can meet my kids.
~LB has had such a blessed week. Wed was Awana and she came to me earlier in the day and said, "Hey Mom, tonight is Awana!" (My sentiments exactly...we both missed the week off) Yesterday she got most of her braces off and got to spend the morning baking and visiting with the ladies at church. Today she spends the day with my friend Becky doing some Christmas stuff with her.
~Know what? Even with all my company and special Thanksgiving food I was only $5 over budget in my groceries. I figured I could take that out of gifts...don't ya think?
~But know what else? I also kept all my allowance money for the whole pay period! As in I didn't spend any of it. The reason that is so significant is b/c I always use my allowance to supplement any other catagories that are short. So that means all was in balance!
I need some new chapstick. And my favorite kind is pricey. But there was no way I was going to break that $20 to buy chapstick! (I wonder how long I can keep it this time??) Later I found some more chapstick in my Awana bag that I forgot I had.
~We had some jurisdiction changes this week. 2 of them I'm especially happy about. My eldest son is now in charge of all the laundry and my 9 yo is in charge of making cereal. Both of them have done great this week.
~I started a new Margaret Jenson book yesterday. I cried from the start. But then the flood gates were opened and I cried about everything.... a friend of Honey's that I prayed for that I don't even know, the recent fight I had with Honey, everything. Finally I decided to sleep it off.
Probably shouldn't pick up that book again for awhile!
Today's meals ~
Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - spaghetti and other leftovers
Dinner - pizza, salad, and apple crisp
Tea - oatmeal muffins
3 comments:
What kind of chapstick is it? I'm so curious now as to what is "pricey" chapstick lol. :)
lol...I was wondering the same thing. :P
so yea, I am so impressed with you for a million reasons so I won't even start typing them all...but anyway..I like you.
Ok, don't laugh. My favorite is the Nivea in the light blue tube...not dark blue. And it costs almost $2 for one. Nothing to break the bank for but still! I know....I'm a cheapskate.
I'm thinking I could take it out of the clothing budget since it is "worn". Don't ya think??
Post a Comment