Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Most Wonderful Day!

Today was just one of those days where everything was WONDERFUL. It started off with my eyes matted shut with conjunctivitis. I seem to get this at least once a year. I'm convinced it's not really pinkeye though b/c my husband and kids never catch it. But whatever.

So after cleaning out my eyes and saying good-bye to my big girls who were off to Branson early with friends, I settled in to read my Bible.

Phil 2:5 says, "your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."
and I read a great definition of this that goes... "it's laying down for the good of others what you have the right to claim for yourself." ( The Love Dare)

Don't you love that? But if you have the time, read Phil 2:5-8 to get it in the full context.

So anyway, after breakfast and chores I read it to the kids and we talked about it a good long time and how it can be practically applied. Good talk. And I do think that imitating Christ will be my theme of 2011 as well as my ongoing one of altering the landscape.

Honey didn't come home for lunch today but I had a great visit with my friend Becky. She is one who gets to the heart of the matter and I always appreciate that.

But school was moving sloooow. And it was a glorious day! Way too nice to be inside bent over books. If everyone had been working diligently all along I wouldn't have hesitated to put it up and go outside. But since they weren't, I kinda felt pulled between enforcing a lesson and enjoying the weather.

Then Honey called and set the matter straight. Mercy, he said. And he was the hero! With me too. I also had a few minutes to talk to him about another way of altering the landscape that I've been praying about. And that was good.

So we put the books up and headed out. Tennis and football in the street. Ripsticks and trikes. 40 Feet Tall on the tramp, and walking around the block and visiting with another friend. Ahhh.....soaking up the vitamin D.

Mayfee checked the mail and there was a Christmas card from a friend with a nice long letter. I went in, made some hot chocolate, and enjoyed reading my letter in total silence while everyone was still happy outside. Life is good.

I took some bread to my elderly neighbor across the street. She loves to have anyone to visit with. I really just needed to work out a quick date with her but she invited me in and showed me all her antiques and every story behind them. And told me all about her friends that I don't know. It was a good 30 minute tour. She is a treasure!

A simple dinner then LB and I got to go to Stormy and MJ's. My cutsie boy has lost his front 2 teeth and is as precious as ever. "perfect" if ya ask him. I also got to talk with his momma a bit as it was her day to visit. She looked great. And before we left, Honey and the kids prayed for them. I also got permission to pick them up from Granny's next week for movie night. Oh happy day!! I love any time that I get to spend with them.

Home at last to a game of Sorry with my little ppl. I got to be red. And I won!
Christmas bedtime books and prayers and talking about Phil 2:5 one more time.

And now a quiet house. A phone call from my girls who are away and they wish I could've seen the Christmas Carol show they saw. I love them.

Thank you God for such a wonderful day!

3 comments:

robbieniccum said...

I appreciate that you give verses to read!!!!! I never do a "BIBLE STUDY"...Ihave no follow through or I am attentionless (made up word)

That does sound like a wonderful day (minus the eye gunk ;p)

I am off to make coffee and read Phil :)

You always amaze me...( I will eventually quit telling you this because I will have told you a million times and you will just know it to be true :P) lol

Laurie said...

Ahhh...sounds very fun. Hope Meggy and Lane had a fun time in Branson--She was telling me about it during word wars (Meggy was). Also, I thought I'd tell you that I'm on Blogger now, and you'll soon be in my reader. :D

Hope we can see you soon!

Love,
Laurie

Amanda said...

Miss you! Merry Christmas! :)