Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Teach Me To Bless

In Numbers 6, I found a great lesson this morning.

"The Lord said to Moses, "Tell Aaron and his son, "This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them...." Numbers 6:22

It's followed by the famous blessing that's quoted in movies and books "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

Did you notice how the Lord taught Moses and Aaron how to bless? Right down to the specific words to say. It reminds me of the fact that there is nothing good in myself. All good things are from the Lord.

I'm not very thoughtful. Kindnesses don't come so easily to me and I miss lots of opportunities to love others. My selfishness keeps me from thinking of others. Sometimes I think of things later but feel so bad to have missed it.

Now I'm praying for the Lord to teach me to bless just as He did for Moses and Aaron. A kind word, a card, a phone call, a gift, an invitation, a prayer, maybe just a smile......whatever.

But since it doesn't come to me naturally I was happy to read this lesson this morning and pray for the Lord to put it into practice in me!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Hi Mrs. T!

I'm like that too--all too involved in myself, my life, and what I would like. I've really been trying to work on branching to others and their needs, too...I know of many opportunities that I could have helped my parents and I didn't--I was too busy with my own unnecessary activities.

That's so cool that Laura got her braces off! Tell her congratulations for me. I remember the day I got mine off--I couldn't stop sliding my lips over my teeth...they were so smooth!

Well, I think I need to go. Lunch to eat.

Love to all,
Laurie