In Numbers 27, there is a situation where some ladies were making a special request of Moses.
"So Moses brought their case before the Lord." Numbers 27:5
He didn't say, "I'll think about it", or "We'll see...". But he took it straight to God to see what He would say about it.
My friend Andie is like that. Andie is such a great example of godliness to me and I want to be just like her when I grow up.
One day I asked her advice about a math program for my daughter. Andie is a math whiz and has taught in the christian school. I wanted to draw from her experience. Her answer was classic. "I'll pray about it." And she did!
Now if it were me I probably would've rattled off all the pros and cons and ins and outs of everything I knew. I would've been quick to air my opinion and give a hasty answer. Or as Oswald Chambers says, "trusting in my wits instead of to God." But not Andie and not Moses. They bring it to the Lord instead.
That is the humility of knowing that God is everything and we are nothing without Him.
Today I want to bring it, whatever "it" is, before the Lord in Moses fashion.
I've enjoyed my time with Moses in Exodus-Numbers. His time is almost up and Joshua will be stepping in. And since we have a strong boy named after this strong leader, you could say I'm a little partial to Joshua. I'm looking forward to what God is going to teach me through him.
1 comment:
I want to be like that too....
and then, when I hear the answer...even if it's not what I want to hear...
I [want to] want to obey it :P
and then do it. :)
Post a Comment