~I got pulled over for speeding yesterday. 45 in a 35. Grrrr.....
But he was merciful and let me off with a warning. Jes thought it was really cool and couldn't wait to tell all the kids at home.
~We have apples! Azure Standard finally delivered. 40# of organic fujis to play with. 1 box is almost gone already. Mostly we've just been eating them but I've also made an apple dip and some spiced apples that the kids were crazy about. I'm down to my last quart of applesauce so that's my project for later this week.
~Snotty noses around here. I usually avoid whatever goes around but not this time. Gotta hurry and get well for Awana tomorrow. This is our last one of the year and I can NOT miss! I'm hoping my visitor from last week comes back. I love my Awana peeps......
~I'm so close to being finished with our Christmas shopping. You should see our closets. Our walk-in closets are now peek-in-from-the-door closets. Mally and I have some wrapping to do. She's been wanting to wrap and scrapbook with me. My scrapbook stuff is waaayyy back in the back of my closet so that's not going to happen.
~Getting ready to go to Texas!
~I had 2 cookie sheets of hamburgers ready for the grill last night when Honey came in and said it was broken! Augh..... So on to plan B. Which was supposed to be today's lunch.
~I've been working on the flylady routines to clean our house. Not bad. This week is the bathroom and 1 extra room. For us this means Lane cleaned all the tubs yesterday while I cleaned the boys' bathroom. Today I'm going to rearrange Mally's closet (1 extra room). And the rest of the week we'll keep plugging along at various things in those rooms. I'll have the kids clean out the cabinets and drawers, windex the pix, clean the baseboards, and scrub the grout in the boys' bathroom. The thing I like about this system is that it is not time consuming like the all day Friday housecleaning was. It's pretty easy when we divide it up.
Today's meals...
Breakfast - leftover cream of wheat. We never have leftovers of this b/c the kids LOVE it. But yesterday I used sucanat in it and nobody was impressed. Weird...sucanat's yummy. For some reason it didn't go with the cream of wheat so well. I doubt anybody's going to be too excited to see it again.
Lunch - cottage cheese and last night's leftovers.
Dinner - salisbury steak (gotta do something with those hamburgers), mashed potatoes, broccoli, and salad
Snack - smoothies
Tea - apples and dip
1 comment:
I am laughing as I type because I sat down and wrote a long comment yesterday and I guess got interrupted midway? and never came back and finished or posted? lol
the house thing. I will be quiet about it here and vent on my own blog :P LOL!!!!
you know, I don't care for sucanat..Mike doesn't mind it..maybe he even LIKED it..but I have LOTS of heavenly homemaker cookbooks and she calls for that a lot. I couldn't wait to run out of it. :P ( I really should utilize those cookbooks more..*sigh* again, something I'll vent on my own blog about..don't visit my blog anytime soon..it may be a big downer. :P LOLOLOL)
I hope you are already better!!!!! It's AWANA night :D
Post a Comment