Saturday, June 05, 2010

Vacation Week!

And I'm sad it's almost over.  But it was good.  And I didn't even know I needed it. 

~We slept in which was extra nice b/c I'm STILL getting over this sickness. 

~A Memorial Day cookout with the Rileys and Wings. 

~Eldest signed up for her college classes..... without me! 

~Honey ran lots of errands with me, including picking up our Azure Standard order.  I love getting new food stuff!

~Story time for the first time in 3 weeks.  And the first week of the summer reading program.  Its been a long time since we've done this and I don't think the boys ever remember doing it.  Funny how those little prizes are such a big incentive.  9yo is reading up a storm. 

~Ms. Lynn (from story time) gave Mally some paper dolls she got in a Happy Meal.  Fun time!

~Sewing day at church and do you know what I did?!  I took apart a man's dress shirt and made a nightgown out of it for Mally!  I know!  ME!!  Well, I did have a lot of help, but still.   It's not quite done and it may never be unless I get brave enough to try a button hole.  But I'm just happy I got it this far. 

~Hit 3 garage sales and picked up some girly stuff for Mally and a couple of things for Kitch.  I also got Mally 2 rubber ducks that she fell in love with for a quarter a piece.  A boy duck and a girl duck.  Then I got this nifty lidded container for another quarter.  I thought the container was mine, but she immediately claimed it as the ducky house. 

~Fancied up the blog b/c the blue was putting me to sleep and it needed to be more celebrate-y.  What do you think??

~Today was a fun day at the Riley's farm.  Fishing, hiking, ping pong, eating, what could be better?  

The drive was beautiful.  Beautiful.  Fluffy white clouds, blue skies, and wild flowers swaying in the wind.  Wild flowers.  Not beautifully manicured medians with pretty flowers planted on purpose. 

~Tomorrow is church and the very last day of vacation.  Company for lunch I think.  Maybe a bit of sewing or scrapbooking in the afternoon.   And of course, Date Night!

2 comments:

Ren said...

love the new layout..so festive.
Darinda

Laurie said...

Oh I love vacation. Funny--today's our first day of a whole blessed week! Of course, all the mornings are taken up with VBS. But that's still fun--we love our church :D. Tell Meg it was awesome to have her here, and tell her to check out the new HSB if she hasn't already! All nice and Wordpressy.
Give my love to the rest of everybody...I hope no more of Lou's fish have died! And give the dogs a pat. :D

Love to everybody (waah! I wanna come see your house (and Meg's potential husband, lol)),
Laurie