Monday, January 18, 2010

Today


Lane's busy school.

A new writing project.

LB teaches the boys science. 

His mouth is HUGE.  (That's a regular sized basketball.)

Teaching the boys to play the baseball card game. 

Music AND cards.
Life is good. 

I just HAD to get a picture of this b/c Honey is not much of a card player.  This is a quick game, though, so sometimes he'll indulge us. 

~LB got a fish tank for Christmas.  Tonight one of the fish died.  I tried to prepare her that fish just don't last that long.  I remember when we had a fish tank before.  If any fish even looked sick, we had to pray for it.  And the first time one of the fish died, it was huge tears all around. 

~I hate college prep stuff.  Transcripts, scholarships, CLEPS, distance learning.   It's all hard.  And my friends told me it was no big deal.  Well I must assume they're all smarter than me, b/c I think it is a big deal.  Maybe when it's all done, I'll look back and laugh over all that I'm fretting over.  Then I'll tell somebody else that it's no big deal. (wink wink!)  I spent pretty much all morning working on a transcript and nothing else.  And filling out the FAFSA?......Please.  Did ya'll do that too?  Or am I making it harder than it is? 

~Andie is a family friend that has helped us in the past with our school.  One day she came over and spent an entire school day with us.  She listened to boys read, helped with spelling, figured out tricky math problems without making anyone cry, did a chemistry experiment, and had lots of good ideas.  Her girls are grown and now she is able to pass along her wisdom to me!  And I'm so blessed, or I should say, we are b/c the kids love her.  She just mentioned to me that she might like to start coming with us to the library every week!  REALLY?  Oh I hope she does. 

~My 5yo just wasn't himself today.  I had him take a nap and then wash dishes when he woke up.  Rest and work cures everything, right?  And maybe some cake too, but we were out of that.

~2 of my girls are switching jurisdictions for 3 days.  LB does NOT like taking care of the dining room.  I'm guessing this was her idea.  But maybe Lane will like a break from the living room too.  

~Somebody forgot to start the dishwasher after lunch yesterday.  That meant that there was not enough room for dinner dishes and some were soaking in the sink.  Date night after the kids went to bed and the kitchen was a wreck.  I  half way entertained the idea of leaving it like that and going to bed.  I mean it is date night right?  And who does dishes on date night?  Well it drove me crazy and I was overcome with guilt for even thinking it.  I knew I'd never be able to sleep.  Sooooo, I got busy and even did some "extras" just to make up for my moment of insanity. 

Today's Meals...
Breakfast - cream of wheat
Lunch - vegetable soup and bread
Dinner - chicken enchiladas (new recipe that is a keeper!), beans & rice
Tea - 4 minute brownie pie 

2 comments:

Carri Roman said...

I love apologia science. It is the best. We are finishing up astronomy and going into Botany!

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
I'm with you concerning FAFSA. It is hard no matter what anyone else says. We finally got Heather's app. for FAFSA completed correctly last week. She is attending Pike's Peak Community College. I sure hope she gets some financial aid after all that paperwork. :)
Sharon B.