Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Today

Meg came home from class to find this!


Her baby brothers spent some Christmas money and bought her flowers for her b-day.  She loves flowers, and she loves them boys! 

I'm trying to let these guys help in the kitchen more.  See that stool behind them?  That's been a great addition to the kitchen.  It lets one be up high enough to "work" while the other can usually sit on the counter. 

I made this.  Lemon chicken that didn't turn out too good so I won't share that recipe. 


While I listened to these guys.  This is our breakfast area made into a music room.  I LOVE this kind of noise.  It's such a loud and happy sound. 


Then I made this.  Rather my bread machine made it so I can't take the credit. 
Cinnamon Raisin Bread


1 1/4 C water
2 T softened butter
3 1/4 C flour
1/4 C honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 C. raisins
2 1/4 tsp yeast

Place everything in the bread machine in the order given except raisins.  Pour the yeast into a well made in the flour and pour the raisins in the side of the pan.  Hit the dough cycle.  Let rise in machine. 
Shape into a loaf and let rise in pan.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. 

What else?
Let's see....

~Meg's b-day is tomorrow!

~Leola came by and took my serger home to clean it up, figure it out, and hopefully teach me.

~I got a new blender!  I'd been without one for weeks and it was driving me crazy.  I was always saying, "I can't make that b/c I don't have a blender."  Well of course when I finally brought home a new one I couldn't think of a thing to make with it! 

And I promised my mother-in-law some pix of my kitchen since she's in Florida for 2 more months and can't come see it herself. 


Here's one side.
And the other. Of course it's always this neat and clean. 
Ok maybe not. 

5 comments:

Carri Roman said...

The pictures of your kitchen just made me covet. Oh to be content with my teeny tiny kitchen! ;)

TaggTroop said...

Funny, I was coveting your wood floors so I think we're even. White carpet just doesn't work around here.

Rachie said...

Tell Meg Happy 18th for me!
I love it when you post pictures!

By the way, I got you letter a few day ago and just want to let you know that it blessed me so much! Cherise and I also got the card from the girls today, if you would let them know. Sorry that we gave Meg such a 'dangerouse' gift. I hope she doesn't blind anybody with it!

Question: How are you on pot holders?

Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful kitchen! I love the island idea.

And...by the way, I like your blog makeover--serene blue, very peaceful. Easy to read. Nice change!

I loved the littles peeling potatoes...priceless!

Thanks for sharing. :-)
Wendy

TaggTroop said...

Rachie,

Does anybody EVER have enough pot holders?

Mrs. T.