Still working on my goals for 2010, how 'bout you? Date night was full of upcoming plans Sunday night. I'm excited about all the new changes just around the corner.
~We've been asked to lead a children's study group at church. Surprising really, since that's not our thing. BUT, sometimes its good to stretch beyond your comfort zone. I'm looking forward to seeing how God is working in these young people and (prayerfully) helping them grow closer to the Lord.
~Check out our other ministry project here. This is more of our family project, where the other one will just be Honey and me. We've been praying for a family ministry and I'm excited about this. If you like airsofting, please go check it out.
~Hospitality is on our list of goals. We like having friends over and our house is set up nicely to accomodate company. I'm looking forward to even more fellowship this year, including a visit from Yvette and her family from Colorado!
~Speaking of our house....I love it. And you know what? I don't even miss my stairs. I do love stairs though, but its ok. Really. Anyway, we have a list of some things to keep plugging away at. Getting rid of white carpet is tops!
~Can you believe Meg will be 18 tomorrow?! Eighteen!! Where'd the time go? And are we really that old already? whimper.
~Graduation is May 1. It has been my joy to homeschool her from diapers to diploma. And I will try to get through the whole ceremony without crying my eyes out. No promises though.
~Then there's driving by herself. In traffic. And college. Without me. (Do you think she'd mind if I walked her to her classes the first week and sat with her? I'd be really quiet. I promise.)
~And now Babyest is pretty much out of diapers. No more diapers? It was bad enough to give up the cloth for awhile, but now this? My ZBaby is half grown already!
~LB's learning to sew and just made her first quilt. Meg and Lane will be teaching a co-op class this semester. My oldest son will probably start refereeing.
~Then there's my own little personal stuff....staying out of the stores as much, including the little kids in the kitchen more, speaking sweetly, and several must reads to get in, ya know.
It looks like a good full year.
And now it's your turn. What are your goals? Anybody wanna share?
2 comments:
ohhh I loved this post. It was so sweet and personal. Although my oldest is only 8, I can almost picture the day she is eighteen and it makes me cry already. Good luck not crying at the ceremony :)
We are doing well with the move and are grateful to see how God, as always, provides for us. I am already making Godly friends, and meeting other homeschooling mothers.....I got off topic though.
Goals for this year...... be much more organized in cooking healthy for my family, and being more efficient in my homeschooling. I could write a whole list, but those are some good ones.
Friends already!? That's wonderful Valerie! Well, don't forget the ones back here who hope you get to come back!
Post a Comment