Monday, January 04, 2010

Homemade Granola


Here's my favorite granola recipe.  Just for you, Carri!  (And, well, for anyone else who happens to be at all interested.) 
6 C. oats
2 C. coconut
2 C. chopped walnuts
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix all dry ingredients.  Then add the wets.

1/2 C butter melted
1/2 C honey
2 tsp vanilla

Spread in baking dish and bake at 350 stirring every 10 minutes or so until golden brown.  Cool.  Add rasins, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, and chocolate chips. 

I double this for us and keep it in a big bowl.  Mostly we use it in place of boxed cereal.  It's also good for apple crisp type recipes and yogurt parfaits like this...

I sliced bananas on the bottom, filled in with yogurt, and topped with granola.  I put it in a fancy glass and my little bitties thought they were in heaven!

2 comments:

Carri Roman said...

You're the best!!

Leslie said...

That looks fabulous!