As I'm reading through the gospels this Christmas season, I find myself drawn to Mary. I can't wait to meet her in heaven and see what kind of woman God chose for the mother of His Son.
I bet she has a beautiful countenance. A peaceful smile.
The Bible says, "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19
What did she treasure and ponder? The sweetness. The amazingness of God.
Not the unexpected journey at an inopportune time. Not the hours of excruciating labor on the boney back of a donkey. Not the fact that she had to give birth in a dirty smelly stable, or that her Baby didn't have the best.
Days later, when Simeon held the Baby Jesus in his arms and spoke of God's promises, the Bible says: "The child's father and mother marveled at what was said about Him." Luke 2:33
Marveling, treasuring, and pondering.
"A happy heart makes the face cheerful." Proverbs 15:13
" As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man." Proverbs 27:19
Is your face cheerful this season as you marvel and ponder the wonderfulness of our Savior? I see many that are not. And one lady I met was counting down the days until it was over! It is no surprise that her face was not cheerful.
Lord, I pray that the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, our Rock and our Redeemer. Amen
3 comments:
Thank you Sandy! gives me LOTS to think and pray about. Merry Christmas!
I'm glad that you posted about this! It will be nice to have with me through the day! :)
Miss and love you!!!
Merry Christmas!
ohhh this was so precious to read this morning! Thank you for writing it. have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Post a Comment