Who knew it'd be so hard?
The first time I walked into the revenue office somebody told me all I needed was to give them my CO drivers license and it would be enough to get my AR license. So I took a number. And waited.
Nope. She gave me a list of several things I would need.
The second time I had my folder of paperwork ready. I took a number. And waited.
Nope. A marriage certificate is NOT the same as a marriage license and I needed the license, not the certificate. Whatever.
The third time I took Honey with me b/c he needed to do this too and we'd both have the proper paperwork. Third time is the charm, right? We took a number. And waited.
Well wouldn't you know. I didn't have the right birth certificate. He did. But I didn't. Apparently you must have the one with the raised seal and not the hospital issue. And since that was the only one I had, I needed to send off to the state for the right one.
So I did. And they sent it to the wrong place. And it took awhile but it finally made it's way to my house.
Today I walked into the revenue office for the fourth time. I took a number. And waited.
And prayed.
And now finally it's done. And it only took four times.
3 comments:
blah! I cant stand all the revenue office stuff. :o\ Glad you got it taken care of!
Heather just got her Colorado tags for her car and it was a hassle too. Why can't things like that be easier. Glad the 4th time was a charm.
Sharon B.
Same thing happened to me when I got married and had to change my SS name.
Post a Comment