Sunday, January 18, 2009

This Weekend

~A long lazy weekend with nothing on the calendar. Beautiful weather and healthy kids. God is good.

~Eldest is loose! Sorta. She got her driving permit anyway. Now she has to have it for one year, log 40 hours of driving experience + 10 hrs of night driving. I took her driving yesterday for 30 minutes. I thought it would be scary but it was kinda fun. Only 49 1/2 hours to go.

~Honey has another wedding scheduled in the spring!

~G'ma and Paw Paw gave Lane some money to spend on Buzz. We took him to Pets&Stuff, weighed him (23# @ 10 wks), and she got him a new leash and a couple of toys. The owners even threw in 3 free toys as they were trying to get rid of Christmas merchandise. I think he's set. He was quite the attraction and Lane liked showing off her baby.

~Shhhh...my house is quiet. Honey took 7 kids and 2 dogs to the park for 3 hours. Is he wonderful or what? Babyest is sleeping and Bird is playing quietly.

~After Mally's nap I let her make stew and cupcakes with me. She loves the kitchen. After Christmas I bought these star cupcake cups on sale. A perfect time to use them. We just used a plain cake mix and when everyone else comes home I'm going to let them decorate their own star with icing and sprinkles. They will be so surprised.

~During the quiet time I cut out all my coupons and planned out my shopping for the week. I also got the little boys school figured out for next week. They are at the growing stage where things are changing fast. New flash cards every week, different things to consider. I like this time.

~Here's my dinner menu this week + a couple of extras that were requested that I don't wanna forget to make. I stopped menuing breakfast, lunch, and tea as I found that to be overkill. I just try to be careful to think ahead.

  • enchiladas with beans and rice
  • spaghetti, salad, bread
  • turkey w/ stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans or broccoli
  • chicken salsa pasta, salad and bread
  • spinach and tomato frittata with hash browns and toast
  • Pizza and salad
  • Salmon (date night) and onion rings
  • brownies
  • apple salad
  • carrot cake

~Plans next week...2 soccer games, 1 parent meeting, worship practice, and Joey's b-day. Story time, get back in the flylady routine, and cook with COW

~2 new rules at our house. See if you can guess the stressful time of day.

  • Cow helps with dinner EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.
  • No asking Momma any questions while I'm working on dinner. Not "what are we having?" Or "Who's your favorite character in Winnie The Pooh?" Nothing. You can talk to me and help but don't ask me any question that I have to think about!

~Please consider my book study and hurry and order your book! We have 6 so far and I think it'll be a good discussion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you do with fussy babies during dinner prep time?

Anonymous said...

Lately, play doh. I save it for only dinner prep and keep it in the kitchen. I have him sit at his little table or high chair and only play with play doh and nothing else until *I* say he's done.

I got this idea from my mother-in-law. She's a genious.

Anonymous said...

Hmm AC actually did get some play dough for Christmas. It's the homemade kind and it STINKS!!!! Good idea though. Has Z ever tried to eat it? I'll have to watch for that with mine! ;o) RIght now she's having color time in her highchair. I tried making a schedule for her this morning. Something to start now and stick to as best we can once the baby is born so she has some stability and i have some sanity and direction. :o)

Anonymous said...

He has tried to eat it but he doesn't like it. Have you ever tried my kool aid play doh recipe? It smells good plus it's just regular kitchen ingredients so it won't hurt her if she does eat it...but it won't taste good! here's the link to copy
http://artags.blogspot.com/search?q=kool+aid+play+doh

I would also suggest to set the high chair right in the middle of the kitchen so you can see her all the time and catch her if she wants to eat it and throw it. Also she'll be close so you can talk to her as you work and maybe give her samples!!

How's the house coming?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sandy! I'll have to try that recipe out once we're settled. I'm SO needing to nest! The house is coming great! Should be finished this weekend! We were supposed to close Friday night, but now they are trying to move it to Monday and I'm having a minor heart attack. Because we couldn't move in until the NEXT weekend if we close on MOn and that's 5 days out from my due date. I asked Marshall to call and BEG for Friday. I'm desperate. :o)