Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Saturday!!

~I woke up earlier today than I have all week. What's up with that??

~Laney came out with Buzz and asked me if I'd take him while she went back to bed. He's still not sleeping through the night. Honey got up too and had fun playing with him and doing a short training session. Kinda fun to have him to ourselves.

~Nothing on the calendar and bright sunshine. Time to take advantage of this while we can. Soccer season will start up soon and that'll be fun too.

~My dinner plans fell through. I thought I had lots of enchilada filling in the freezer. Nope. But I did have some refried beans, taco meat, and rice in the freezer. So I'll mix them all together, make some salsa and tortillas and have burritos. I like my new tortilla press!

~Here's my dinner menu for next week. I had a couple of meals left over from last week as plans changed.

  • Chicken salsa pasta
  • enchiladas
  • roast w/mashed potatoes
  • tomato and spinach frittata w/hashbrowns
  • pizza
  • Superbowl Sunday foods(!)

~I'm working on book study #2. I have 2 going simultaneously. One is done, the other is still in progress.

~Fun in the kitchen with lots of helpers. I had LB, Nate, Mally, and Zekey helping me make bread, chicken broth, potato soup, yogurt, and muffins. That's a lot of people in the kitchen at once! I put Nate, Mally, and Zekey up on stools to watch until I had something for them to do. They put in flour, pushed the button on the grinder, mixed in salt, and things like that. Meanwhile I taught LB how to make broth from chicken bones. Then I turned her loose on the muffins. It was her own recipe that we were adapting to be healthier. After awhile I heard her tell everyone, "OK, I don't need anymore help!!" I guess too many little hands don't make the work light after all!

~Tomorrow is church, 2 of my girls will be out babysitting, and DATE NIGHT!! I'm making some Rachel Ray portabella pizzas. I did something new for my kids for date night. I let LB look through all my coupons and pick out something for everybody. She picked spaghetti-o's. Most of my kids have never had those before so it'll be a fun surprise.

~Any tips to getting a 3yo to stay dry through the night? I'm so paranoid of having a bed wetter. I don't know what age is considered an official bed wetter. I'm thinking of getting her up right before I go to bed for another potty trip. Has anybody ever done this? And do you have to keep it up forever? I'm about to bite the bullet and buy some pull-ups. Sigh.....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Actually, I'm still having the bed-wetting problem with one of my soon-to-be-5-year-olds! So I guess I won't be much help! If you come up with any brilliant ideas, please let me know!

Anonymous said...

I know that Rhonda used to get Abby up late - the very last thing before going to bed and basically the lil thing would sleep walk to the potty and you would have to help her do everything and carry her back to bed. She would never even remember in the morning. If they skipped that step, they'd end up having to get up with a wet child in the night. So it might be worth trying!