Emily called and asked to come over and spend the day with us. She's our only CCU student at church. We had a fun afternoon chatting and playing games.
My son comes upstairs and says, "Emily, Dad wanted me to ask you if you wanted to stay for supper."
My heart stops in my chest. WHAT??? Does Dad know what ya'll are having for supper??
It's date night and the kids were eating Spaghetti-O's. Although I grew up on the stuff (and still love it), I have this stupid idea that *real* moms don't feed their kids Spaghetti-O's. Not only am I feeding it to my own kids but now I'm serving it to company?!
Emily liked the idea. We had 2 family sized cans of ravioli and 3 cans of spaghetti-o's. We mixed them all together and the kids thought they were wonderful.
So did Emily.
3 comments:
heehee :)
I LOVE sketti o's! They were always a splurge, both dietarily and cost-wise, when I was growing up.
I buy one can of off-brand spaghetti O's once a month just for me to eat sometime when I need a bigger snack than a handful of raisins. (Luke doesn't like canned raviolis or spaghetti O's... poor guy!)
That makes me smile! Goes to show that people don't care what you are having for dinner...they just want to spend time with you! I need to remember that when I stress over what I might serve people when they come for dinner. I have never really liked Spaghetti-o's myself, but ravioli was a treat when we were growing up!
You were one of the winner of the Fireproof Giveaway!
http://content-in-christ.blogspot.com/2009/01/fireproof-giveaway-winners.html
Jessica ;-)
Post a Comment