Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year!

The first full week of the new year and that means back to school and work. Part of me could stay on vacation forever but the other part of me is eager to get things in order.

Honey asked me if I had New Year's resolutions. I decided against that this year. I've found I don't do as well with long term goals and usually just wind up forgetting what they were in the first place. Besides they are usually *my* plans and maybe not necessarily what the Lord would have me concentrate on.

So this year I've decided to take it one day at a time asking the Lord what He has for me this day. I want to give it up to Him and grow in the areas that are needed.

Today I read Psalm 8. Verse 2 says, "from the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise." I can think of no sweeter sound than that of my children praising their Father. I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach them to love God and how I long for His praise on their lips!

So today I consider that my special goal and I can't think of a better way to start the new year than by paying special attention to the words and hearts of my kids.

We have several things to pray about. We'll read and work on memorizing Psalm 1. I want to smile and have patient words. I want to resist "sending them off to play" but instead keep them close so I can be consistent to discipline them when necessary. And I will pray for wisdom to not waste any of the time He's given me with them.

Thank You Lord for another year. Please guide me through each day of it. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear an update! Glad that everything is going well. Happy new year!

Michele said...

Loved hearing your 'plan' for the new year! I, too, have 'resolved' to take this year one day at a time and see what God has planned.
Take care,
Michele