This has been quite a week at my house. I've been shown more in this one week than I have in a year. And every day it has been something else. Something new. Something unexpected than leaves me shaking my head.
Monday started the week with our 5th robbery since we moved here.
Tuesday I got a glimpse into the world of vastly different parenting styles...that I hated by the way.
Wednesday we were spared from a very serious accident.
Thursday we witnessed an altercation on the soccer field in which no one would admit to wrong doing. Horrible attitudes.
Everyday there has been danger for my kids' physical or emotional well being. Anger, tears, and confusion has marked this week. I have felt threatened every day. It's been an eye-opener and has put me in a "mood" as my husband called it. A mood of reflection to be sure. And wondering if some of this falls under the "disputable matters" that Pastor Dale preached on recently. I think not...but that's another post. In any case my kids have had to endure many sermons as I've tried to work this out in my head.
"He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God." Ps 50:23
I read this this morning and the Lord prompted me to turn my heart toward thanksgiving instead of myself.
It is easy to give away those things that don't cost us anything but a sacrifice is something different. A sacrifice does cost something and when we are angry, confused, threatened, or intent on blaming others then to offer up thanksgiving is a sacrifice indeed. It is those times that we are hard pressed to show thankfulness.
But ya know what? When I turn my eyes toward Jesus He does show me how to be thankful in a threatening world. Thankful for His mercy and care this week. Thankful for the education and confirmation. Thankful for so much. In whom do I place my trust? Parents doing a horrible job of raising up the next generation or a loving God that will be exalted in the earth?
Look at the return on that sacrifice...honoring God and preparing the way for salvation to be revealed!
In this verse, the word "salvation" is "yesa"...translated to mean "deliverance, protection, implying that a victory of God is at hand".
"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress." Ps 46:10-11
Beautiful Savior, Wonderful Counselor, Star Of The Morning, Risen One, my hope is in YOU and I do offer up thanksgiving with all my being. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment