Friday, August 31, 2007

Who's Idea Was This?

Oh my goodness gracious! I'm sure there'll be a day I look back on this season and laugh, but it's not today.

4 kids with chicken pox. Hum, it sounded like a good idea to get it over with at once. The problem is that they have them all at once. Lots of itching. Lots of crying. Mayfee Boy is a mess of bumps. I can not make him feel better. So I lied in his bed with him tonight praying for him and telling him not to scratch. My poor baby.

Buying a house in Colorado? It did sound like a good idea. I'm wondering if we're the fools in Scripture that didn't count the cost before he started to build. I'm sure it's some sort of blind spot, but of course I can't see it. Who knows. There's gotta be a lesson in it somewhere.

So here's what I've been pondering today.....this world stinks. There is no way to get around it. Sickness, poverty, addiction, pain, loneliness, mice. How could anyone bear it who thinks there is nothing else? Praise God that He is our Living Hope that will never perish! Praise God that there is an eternal home for us with no sickness, no pain, no heartache of any kind, and no mice!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not mine!:)