I hit a couple of garage sales this weekend. At the first one I bought 3 pairs of shoes and a hat all for $6.50. I gave the lady six dollars and started to count out the change. She said, "$6.oo is good."
Next I came across an estate sale. I had a couple of things all totaling $4.oo. I started paying the man and when I came to the last item, a crystal candy dish marked $2, he gave me a dollar back and told me that $1.00 was enough for that.
I came away excited about my good deals. As the days have passed, it keeps coming to my mind. Both of those people were so generous. I was willing to pay the full price but they discounted it without my asking. Sweet.
It has brought to light my stingy nature. I would not have even thought to do that. I am also not a big tipper. I am not generous with my time or my money. I tend to give just enough. What other areas?? Hum....something to think about. These types of revelations are not comfortable but needed. I don't want to be stingy.
There is a verse in Luke that goes like this (I don't have my Bible in front of me so I don't have the reference) "A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, for with the measure you use it will be measured to you". I am asking the Lord to help me with this this week and to show me opportunities to be generous.
No comments:
Post a Comment