Saturday, October 07, 2006

Today

#3 played the Ozark Classic in Fayetteville today. They left early this morning and got back this afternoon. His team won one and lost one and plays again tomorrow. So today I stayed home with the 4 little ones and LB to help. She likes being the big girl of the house. I've had a lot more energy today than I have had in a long time and was able to get some things done. Thank you Lord!

We started the morning by baking bread which was done around 10am for a snack. I am frustrated with this new organic grain. Seems like the non organic makes better bread. Even after adding extra gluten, it's not what it should've been. Even so, it's the first time I've done the big bread baking in weeks and even with ugly bread I'm glad it's done. I got chicken in the crockpot for dinner later. Since my 3 biggest kids were gone, that left a lot of chores for us to do. We all worked together when Baby went down for a nap and knocked them out. We got a ton of laundry done today. I still need to vacuum my room.

After Baby woke up we went to the circle park to play for about an hour. It's so close to home and we're usually the only ones there. We came home, put Baby down for another nap, and the 4 other kids headed outside with sandwiches. What a beautiful day!

The painter came today. I was surprised b/c I didn't think he worked on the weekends. We talked about the color again. He painted another section for me to see. I just don't know. This is a hard choice but he's being patient with me. I have to have it nailed down soon. I'm not good at this.

We got another order of WASA pics in so I got them sorted and sacked and ready to deliver this week. That's my favorite job of the business. I did a few more chores around the house, some more laundry, and tried to take a nap. Nothing doing....2yo kept having screaming fits outside and needed some attention. Oh well.

When Honey came home he crashed on the bed and took a nap. He hardly ever takes naps. It was funny though b/c I don't think he even took his shoes off. He lay on the bed and was out in about 2 seconds.

After dinner, he took the big kids b-day shopping for #6's b-day on Monday and to buy his b-day meal supplies.
Here are his meals...

breakfast: donuts and deviled eggs
lunch: mac and cheese
dinner: pizza, carrot cake, and ice cream. (Sounds like 4yo foods, huh?)

After they left, I read to the little boys and worked on their sign language.
Now I've gotten the 4 little ones to bed, sort of. 2yo takes a little more time than others but we're almost there. I'm waiting for the shoppers to return and show me the goods. The good news is that I don't think we have any picture work tonight b/c I got it done today. That means Honey and I can watch a movie and drink hot chocolate or something.

This day was so good. I think I got more done today that I have in weeks. That feels good. It's funny how I take my energy levels for granted until I have none. The only thing I wanted to do but didn't was to do manicures with LB. She's COW and likes to do that. Maybe tomorrow....

No comments: