Thursday, October 12, 2006

sharing the wealth

We have a new 4yo in our house. #6 just turned 4 this week and is so proud of it. We had a lot of fun with him on his b-day. It just doesn't take much to thrill him and he was thankful for every little thing. He made his cake with #2 and decorated it himself. I'll have to ask Honey to post some pictures later.

Our neighbor across the street gave him a card with $5 in it. My little boys are fascinated with money. I told him we should put it in his bank but he asked if he could hold it in his pocket "to save it" for awhile. I agreed, planning to get it from him later and let him put it in his jar himself. Later he runs upstairs with a huge smile on his face and his big brother (5yo) following right behind. "Look! I shared my money!" he says. They both stand in front of me each holding HALF of the $5 bill that they had cut with sissors to share. So sweet....

No comments: