Thursday, October 19, 2006

More rain! I love it! We are one small step closer to finding the leak. We cleaned out the computer area cabinets and could hear the rain coming down the wall. That means it is NOT coming from below. That's good. Now the problem is finding where it's coming in from above. At least one thing is eliminated and Honey is trying a new idea with this rain. He found a suspicious spot and has covered it with a big tarp. I just stuck my head in the cabinet and I don't hear water but it hasn't rained very long or very much yet...we'll see. If this is it, it will be an easy fix. That is what I'm praying for.

My mom and g'mother are visiting. You should see my g'mother. She looks incredible! At 76 she has no gray hair and does not color it. She's full of energy and lots of fun. She doesn't complain about being old or about aches and pains, but has a huge smile and laughs a lot. She is not afraid to be silly. Honey wants to take a bunch of pictures of her before she leaves. I hope I'm like that at 76.

Speaking of pictures...Honey is off the rest of the week! He's taking yearbook pics today and will be home tomorrow editing them. There's only about 110 kids so it won't take him too long. We're thankful for this business. The WASA pics are almost done! He also has one senior picture shoot coming up and I think 2 family portrait shoots too. We're trying to decide what to wear for our own family Christmas picture. He just got a new stand for the yearbook shoot and was so excited. I like watching him when he gets something new. He's just like a little kid. He must have been a lot of fun at Christmas when he was a little boy.

The clothes exchange is almost done. I prayed about this asking the Lord to give me a clear mind to know what to keep and what not. This was the easiest so far. All the big kids were not only able to exchange their own clothes but do the big cleaning as well! All I did was to look over and point out some finishing touches. All these years of them helping me has paid off. They know the system and just took off. They helped me a bunch with the little boys' clothes. It looks like everyone has plenty of clothes for the winter w/o having to buy very much. Only Baby Girl has immediate needs, but her clothes are still cheap and easy to find at the resale shops.

One more thing. I'm going to pass along my tip for potty training. With 7 kids potty trained so far, you would think we would have this one down...NOPE! We've tried it all from infant potty training (yep, I tried that one) to letting them do it themselves. Because they are all different, no one thing worked with every one of them. Now when #3 was little he would NOT use the potty. No about of bribing, praising, threatening, or coercion would work. Nothing. In desperation I gave it over to the Lord and gave up on my own. I decided that if we went from diapers to Depends, then so be it, but I was done. I only prayed. This was not easy for me b/c he followed 2 sisters that were very easy to potty train and this left me wondering where I was failing and what else was in store when raising little boys. In no time he was potty trained w/o me doing another thing! Last week I found myself once again up against a resistant potty trainer. I was getting frustrated with him and remembered #3. I let it go and prayed. He's hardly had a accident since. He even asked to go at the soccer fields this week.

When people find out I have 9 kids they say things like, "You must be so patient/organized/etc. I want to laugh out loud!! That is so far from the truth. The truth is that what the Lord calls you to do, He enables you to do. His strength is made perfect in my weakness and He never leaves me to do anything alone....even potty training little boys.

No comments: