Friday, October 27, 2006

The Hunt Continues

I'm feeding the baby last night when the stupid MOUSE runs right under her highchair! Inches from my feet! Aren't mice supposed to be afraid of people? The kitchen was full of people with the light on and everything! Well, apparently that spot wasn't all that he thought it would be b/c seconds later this guy zips past me again (even closer to my feet!) running the opposite direction! What is wrong with this thing?

I decided that Baby was full and we left the kitchen immediately. My men were not home but my girls looked for him with no luck. As soon as the guys came back they set out more mouse traps. I'm running low.

The morning came...no mouse. I guess he doesn't like cheese. The next try is peanut butter. My son found another trap in the garage that was still set from about a year ago. It had a piece of cookie on it. I guess it's true that store bought cookies have an indefinite shelf life. This morning the trap was still set....minus the cookie. Hum....it was one of those fancy $6 kind that enable you to dump a dead mouse without touching it. Good idea but there's NO dead mouse, only a free lunch! I'm going to go buy more of the 50 cent old fashioned, old faithful wood and metal kind. I envision setting a whole bunch of them all over the kitchen floor only leaving a narrow path to the frige.

No comments: