Tuesday, February 23, 2016

He's BACK!!

You guys!

Yesterday was a day.

It was a day when I feeling so sad missing my baby boy.  I had grabbed his blanket to use in the car for Jay.  And I just never know what will trigger those teary eyed, I-will-most-likely-never-see-him-again feelings.   The blanket was the one someone gave me just for him.  I never sent it home because just in case.  I also never used it for another baby.  So grabbing it quickly was kinda like admitting what I hated was probably true and maybe I should just move on and pray for him extra hard.  And pray for him I did.  And I told Honey to pray for him too.

I was working on supper  when I got a super important life-changing call.  It was from Baby's grandma.  Baby's mom was arrested and Baby was back in care.  I felt so shaky and ready to cry and eager to hear everything.  I got the sketchy details from her and frantically called all the placement/case worker/supervisor DHS numbers I had.  He was still with the investigator at the doctor's office and she was more than happy to have him placed immediately.

Meanwhile, my family was scurrying around getting ready for his return and Honey and I were figuring out how to make it happen.  Could we change our numbers to be licensed for 3?  Should we find new placement for Jay?  Would we be considered on overload?  Didn't really matter.  We would do anything ANYTHING necessary.

Fast forward a couple of hours and we had our Precious back with us!!  He was super hungry, had a rash that covered 1/2 his body, scratches, bug bites, and had lost 4 pounds.  Things had not gone so well for him and it makes my stomach hurt to think of his suffering that the investigator described.

But he's here.  He's safe.  He's happy.  He's getting better.

Both DHS and his ad litem are in agreement to recommend a fast tract to termination considering the circumstances.  I am all for it.

However, I've been hopeful about a baby's future before only to be utterly disappointed by the justice system.  It's ok.  At least for now.  God is greater and our baby is safe.



So now we have a 2 year old, a 1 year old, and an 8 month old to snuggle and love.  And while it sounded a little overwhelming, I knew God could do it.  I can't.  But He can.  He can give us the strength, energy, and wisdom for all the things He has in mind for us to do.

And you know what?  Today was so much fun.  The babies were happy.  The house is decent.  School is done.  Dinner is made.  I even made a special afternoon treat for the big kids that they went wild over.  And it is all God.

Today has been so awesome.  I can't stop smiling.

1 comment:

Taleia said...

YES! I have been praying that he would come back to you ever since I read that he'd been given back to his parents. You've made my day! :) give him a squeeze for me!