Since Pumba went home, the crib has sat empty. Unless you count BlueEyes' tiger that goes in and out of his "cage". It was really unheard of. As soon as my empty bed gets keyed into the system, I've always been called immediately.
I certainly wasn't complaining. We needed a little time to recover after Pumba's unfair court hearing. We needed some time to rest. Sleep. Clean up. And concentrate on BlueEyes. It was nice having only one baby to consider.
Yesterday afternoon the placement unit finally called. They picked up a sibling group of 6 and wanted us to take the baby. Both parents in jail and all kids being split up. So sad.
I asked a bunch of questions and talked it over with my man. I called the foster mom who took him in the night before and asked her about him. And I'll just say that even though my arms were feeling a little empty, I was also feeling scared. Could we give him our all? Are we being stretched thin? We've learned some placements are easier than others and some are just downright hard. But after some discussion, we decided to say yes.
Welcome Baby "Jay"! He came in the evening just in time for a bath, some snuggles, and bedtime.
He is absolutely precious. He has a crazy mass of thick curly hair that I just can NOT stop touching.
And (thank you Jesus!) he is not a screamer.
This morning he didn't get up for the day until 11am (!!) and we have spent the day getting to know him. We haven't gotten many smiles just yet, but he is pleasant. Mostly he wants to be held. He acts scared to be out of safe arms. In fact, I can't even assess his skills yet. He doesn't seem to be able to sit and balance as well as he should and I'm not too sure about his crawling. I'm hoping he'll be more secure in the next few days so we can see what he can do.
I found out today that his first birthday is coming up. That'll mean 6 birthdays in 6 weeks for us!! It's about to get super fun around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment