This was a special week over here. We spent 2 days celebrating this guy.
Jess turned the big eleven. Monday was the real celebration with no school and presents and no school and lunch out and no school. Then he wanted Grandma to cook him dinner so that was a good night of steak and ninja cartoons. What could be better?
Wednesday was the actual birthday so even though we already officially celebrated, everyone knows you still can't do school on the real day.
Look here. New Awana boys for meeeee!! Notice the Duck Dynasty shirt? I could tell right off the bat this was a kid with exquisite taste for the finer things in life.
I had 2 helpers this week which meant everyone got a little extra one-on-one and we got a lot accomplished. LOVE my 5th graders. Truth be known, I just love working with unchurched kiddos. They are my unreached people group.
Take a good look.
I had 2 helpers this week which meant everyone got a little extra one-on-one and we got a lot accomplished. LOVE my 5th graders. Truth be known, I just love working with unchurched kiddos. They are my unreached people group.
Take a good look.
This is what Joshua wore to bee club. And this is after I sent him back to change out of his John Deere "Can You Dig It?' shirt.
When we got home he said, "I didn't see anyone else dressed up in nice church clothes tonight. Just me."
And Meg said this would happen if we moved to the country.
So I guess wearing this fine t-shirt and tennis shoes instead of crocs made him feel rather dressy. And it stands to reason that since you might find me in my favorite green t-shirt from Thrift Town on any given day that we are some very fancy people.
2 comments:
He gets that from his Grandpa Hollaway lol.
Post a Comment