It was one of those weekends. The kind that is filled from top to bottom with wonderfulness.
First of all was ANOTHER mercy ruled football game with my boy kicking 6 points on the board. And y'all, it was cold. But Lane graciously offered to stay with the younger kids and they were happier at home.
Now a small part of the fun of Friday nights has been meeting the people we sit by. LB's friend Jenni sat with us but other than that we didn't meet anybody fun. But we did sit on the 50 yard line and were in the direct line of fire for free t-shirts that the cheerleaders were throwing. I've been wanting one of those shirts for a long time and we scored 2 of them!
I was so surprised to see some our friends that came all the way out here (!) to help us cheer on our boy. Is that love or what?
And then there was Greg. He's my man's most favorite person on the earth besides us. And while Honey gets to see him every week, the rest of us haven't seen him in a long time. So Greg came for the game then came over after that to watch part of the Greenwood game and talk and talk and talk.
It was a late night. And it was perfect.
Saturday was a cookout with neighbors, family, and friends. It started small and grew to more people than I expected when I bought supplies. So a trip to town was in order except that it meant an hour minimum plus extra gas money. Now we have a little grocery store around the corner but they tend to be a little pricey so I usually just use it for emergencies and sale items. But we decided to give it a try, just buying what we needed, to see if it would really be worth the trip to town.
And here's what I learned.
1. The prices were higher but not ridiculous. I might've spent about $3 more than I would've at Aldi.
2. I saved an hour in my day plus miles on my car.
3. I saved gas.
4. I didn't buy anything else I didn't need. And this is probably the biggest saver since it's so easy just to grab an extra gallon of milk or an unexpected end-cap purchase.
So I'll be a little quicker to consider that as a good option and slower to make the big trip to town.
Plus...my daughter just got a job there so how easy is that!!!
Well the cookout was a lot of fun and we got to get to know some friends and neighbors better. And there was chocolate involved so it was an especially good night.
Sunday was church. And I got to wear a new outfit plus the shoes I wore to Meg's wedding.
HATE those shoes. But they matched so what could I do? I wore them all the way to church and back then threw them into the girls' room because I will never wear them again. Too bad because they are soooo cute!
Date night! And it was my turn. So I made Super Bowl Chicken with stuffed mushrooms and salad. My man must've thanked me like 5 times then he mentioned it again this morning. I guess it was a hit. We watched some movie about monsters on earth trying to kill the guy making his way to the plane to fetch the rescue beacon. And it was surprisingly pretty good and this comes from a girl that usually can't stay awake through a whole movie.
And that was it. A fantastic weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment