We have 3 different mission opportunities at church this month...
1. Dixie Jackson
2. Clearing House
3. World Hunger...love those little bread box banks!
We had a wonderful guest preacher on Sunday talking about Matt 28 and about how Jesus commanded us to be involved in missions. I was praying this morning and felt like I needed to impress this point on my kids individually and not just count them in on our family contribution. My younger kids don't have much money so I have offered them a weekly job for $5 to give to the mission of their choice.
And the only thing this has to do with my menu for the week is that Jess will be making breakfast all week and ZBoy will be making lunch.
Sooo I've come up with some simple stuff that I can help them do. It's a big way to contribute to our family this week while at the same time "working unto the Lord" in a different kind of way.
Jess' Breakfasts...
Cereal. He hates making this but did it tonight with a good attitude for us to have tomorrow.
Cinnamon toast
Eggs. He loves making eggs but makes a HUGE mess so my kitchen cleaner was protesting this one!
Apple muffins
Blueberry muffins
ZBoy's lunches.....
Tuna and crackers with carrot sticks and dip
Nachos
Peanut butter rice cakes
Bean burritos
Grilled Cheese
Mally and I worked on our dinner menu for the next 2 weeks.
Date night (x2)
1. Honey's turn.
2. My turn...superbowl chicken and creamed spinach
So Mally said, since we bought tooth picks can we have sandwiches? My kids love sticking an olive and toothpick in a sandwich and it's immediately elevated to the Super Shaggy sandwich from Scooby Doo. That's what they'll be having for date night. And they will eat quite a bit just to be able to do the whole olive and tooth pick thing.
French Toast and bacon (my man's special request)
Enchiladas and spanish rice
Artichoke Ravioli and summer salad
Burgers (x2) ...every Saturday night thanks to G'pa and Nana!
Pizza (x2)
Farmhouse Chicken and green beans
Tuna Melts (for a TKD night) and potato salad
Spaghetti and salad and banana pudding (for a Sunday lunch I think)
Chicken and dumplings
Freezer cooking... morning glory muffins and maybe some apple dumplings. We robbed our neighbor's apple tree this weekend so I should probably make her some apple dumplings too!
No comments:
Post a Comment