I was out for my morning walk and ran into my neighbor, Ellen. I petted her tiny dog, Gracie, and we talked about her pecan trees.
As I was leaving I was looking at the pecan tree and not paying a bit of attention to anything else. And here's where it all went south. Literally.
I stepped off the part where the street meets the grass in a drop off of about 6 inches and bit the dust. My pants didn't have pockets so I had my phone in one hand which meant I didn't even catch myself right because apparently I place more value on my precious phone than on my body parts! So y'all, I went all the way down ON MY FACE!!! So when I say I bit the dust, I mean it in the most literal sense.
And my only thought was "I hope Ellen went in the house and didn't see this!"
But no.
And here's what you need to know.
She didn't even laugh.
Which explains 2 things.
1. The excellency of my neighbors.
2. The reason we could never be close friends. Because it was funny!
But instead of laughing, I hear her shout, "BLESS YOUR HEART!! Are you ok?"
Which might be something I might've said if I saw that happen, but you can be sure I would've had a hard time getting the words out between the fits of laughter. My grandmother tripped and rolled down a hill about 20 years ago and we are still laughing about it today. Because nothing is funnier than seeing your grandmother rolling down a hill. And she gets it.
Anyway.
Other than some minor road rash and damaged pride, all is well. And I took my embarrassing moments to a whole new level.
3 comments:
I trust you know that *I* would have laughed (but I am sorry about your face and your pride ;-)
I would've laughed. Long and hard. Probably even a few snorts. Then I would've rushed to your side. Ok, maybe not rushed. More like side-stepped over as I crossed my legs so I didn't wet my pants from heaving with laughter. I'd like to say I was the rush to your side and immediately provide a wet wipe, or bandaid, or perfectly monogrammed hanky to dust yourself off. However, we know I'm just not that type. ;)
Post a Comment