Monday, October 07, 2013

Bedtime Weirdness

It was a lazy rainy Saturday that included a bath and a nap that lasted over 2 hours. Oh and some DD thrown in for good measure.

Perfection really.

And after all that hard work it was time for bed.
Have you ever looked over a recipe and been disappointed that you didn't think of that first? Well that's how all the discontentment started. Recipe creation envy. Because I could totally have done that.
It was a Pinterest recipe named something like dreamy bedtime drink and the pictures were cute.

I even got out of bed to try it. Except that the recipe said to heat the milk to almost boiling (on the stove I assume) and I decided there was no reason to do that. So here's my lazy version. And if you're in bed I suggest you hop up and give it a try because its completely worth it. I promise.

Get out your favorite coffee cup and pour some almond milk into it. I suppose you can use whatever milk you have but almond milk is perfect for this. Except I don't think you should use rice because its too thin... Just my opinion. Then eyeball about a tsp of honey or maple syrup into that with a splash of vanilla and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Stir it up and microwave it.

So there. I tweaked it and renamed it to Creamy Dreamy.  And now it's mine.

I was immediately in love with this and carried it back to bed to settle into some reading time.

But there was nothing I wanted to read except that I wanted to read something.

My book on Ps 23 wasn't what I had in mind.

Great Expectations has complicated vocab and after such a tiring day I didn't feel up to it.

The Jordan Rubin book is at a boring part

And the new Crazy Busy book my man and I are reading was not what I had in mind since my activities of the day would indicate that I'm doing good on that front.

I was kinda in a fiction mood except that I don't have much in that genre. Then I remembered Lucille and decided to see what kinda kindle freebies I had stored up.

I have a fiction category with a whole 4 books to choose from. Stupid ones too like something about 13th century England with Scottish names. Who cares about that? And then there was the complete Sherlock Holmes treasury which makes me think that Lucille was hijacked by my daughter for a certain time and none of those 4 books were my doing.

So there I was.

I pulled out my phone and started checking my blog friends and stumbled on the perfect thing. Better than fiction... A whole blog series on cleaning house that I'd never read. So even though I laid around all day I could live vicariously through someone who was actually productive and who can take pretty pictures of organized pantries.

I love those kind of people.


No comments: