Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Unlimited Patience Of My Man

We had some insurance thing going on where we were supposed to collect some money. Not huge money but like $50 or something. I don't usually (Read: never) have to handle these things but for some reason I had to be involved this time. So I had to call and get the proper receipt and it was a bit of a pain since it was supposed to be delivered to TKD by my friend only I didn't show up that night and then she had to mail it. So by saying it was a pain, I'm really saying I was the pain in this story.

But now we have the paperwork. My part = done.

A couple of days later Honey asks if I mailed in the paperwork along with the form he gave me. I assured him I never saw a form and had no idea what he was even talking about. I only had the paperwork. He was sure he gave it to me. But I knew he was wrong. So he asked for the paperwork so he could take care of it at work. Good idea.

But then! Later I open up my flexi-folder organizing deal and would you believe that right there in the very front was an insurance form!?    I have no idea how it got there.

I guess that's why I don't do these things.

I started the day yesterday giving a sermon on love and patience. A looong sermon y'all in which I lost the littles shortly after I started. It was one of those speeches where I was talking to myself more than anyone else.

Because I knew it was coming....... The time of the week when I am stretched waaay beyond my abilities to be nice.

And I was right. And I failed. I acted nice on the outside but then shot off an explosive email to my man ranting about the school lunch program and the insensitivity of inflammatory remarks that show ignorance of the real issues of poverty.  The poor guy had no idea what I was talking about. But ranting has a cleansing effect even if the one who has to listen isn't even remotely involved. He's a good listener.

Did you know we had 2 date nights this week? TWO!
So one night we were home from TKD because of snow and I'm like "hey we could go out!". So we did. But since the roads weren't great we only went a mile up the road to a place called Kat's Kitchen which seems to be the spot around here. Prolly b/c there aren't that many spots anyhow.
There were like 6 things on the menu. So I ordered a baked potato with chili and can you believe she says they don't have chili today? It was a seasonal item and apparently snowy winter days do not fall under chili season. Ha! But it was a cute place with cute people.

I was still hungry after that so we went across the street to Sonic and had 2nd dinner.

On the way out the door I grabbed my inlaw's garage door opener so we could swing by and watch Duck Dynasty something on their TV. We pushed the button but it didn't work. Because it was the wrong garage door opener!! Turns out those things aren't universal. I should've grabbed the keys instead.

Date night #2 was more on the simple side. We took food from home and got KEYS to the parent's place. Turns out those work better than other people's garage door openers.
And my sweet Honey watched like 2 episodes of DD with me and Dr Pol!

He loves me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like that story